Any suggestions for a classy good haf case?  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
TheCraven
(@thecraven)
Renound

The door on the Phantom? If that's what you're talking about, it's actually pretty secure, and is coated in soft-touch paint on the inside. Super sexy. Many people have said the door is dumb, but think about how many times you actually access the stuff behind it. For me, I realized it was almost never, and that sealed the deal. Oh, and there's the fan controls on top, so you don't even need a fan controller in one of the bays.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2011 2:22 am
vincedea
(@vincedea)
Trusted

Ahh i thought the power button was behind it but i was wrong. But as i was reading the reviews it said that you could only use nzxt fans. Which sucks cause i like the black with orange trim and i have some 120mm yate loon fans that are orange. Will these fit on there?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2011 2:31 am
TheCraven
(@thecraven)
Renound

Honestly, I believe they should. I have three 120mm Yate Loon's on my case now (HDD fans and rear fan for my cooler). They all fit. I would imagine it's just NZXT trying to con people out of more money, but it is possible that a small number of fans in the world don't fit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2011 2:36 am
vincedea
(@vincedea)
Trusted

Did u get another 200mm fan? If u did which one

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2011 2:38 am
TheCraven
(@thecraven)
Renound

I actually didn't get one yet. I'm hoping to find another of the original 200mm fans that come with the case, as they have cool LEDs built in that are connected to a little button on the back of the case. I haven't looked recently though, and I got my Phantom before they actually came out...(*cough* but don't tell anyone *cough*).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2011 2:45 am
vincedea
(@vincedea)
Trusted

@TheCraven 68006 wrote:

I actually didn't get one yet. I'm hoping to find another of the original 200mm fans that come with the case, as they have cool LEDs built in that are connected to a little button on the back of the case. I haven't looked recently though, and I got my Phantom before they actually came out...(*cough* but don't tell anyone *cough*).

do you know when they will be coming out with the LED fan and what colors will they provide? since im thinking of getting the orange i would liek to get orange LED

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2011 10:03 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Silverstone Fortress FT02.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2011 10:14 pm
TheCraven
(@thecraven)
Renound

@vincedea 68148 wrote:

do you know when they will be coming out with the LED fan and what colors will they provide? since im thinking of getting the orange i would liek to get orange LED

I actually have no clue. This looks like the right one, but i'm not positive: NZXT Fan

I'd email them or something to check, but from the large image, it seems to have the little nubs for where the LEDs go. And, it might even be possible to pull out the LEDs in it to put in your own. Either way, any fan of the right size SHOULD fit. If you find one with orange LEDs in the right size, and you had the case, you could see if it fit. If not, send the fans back for another style. I might try this and see if certain brands fit better than others. I'd like some more airflow anyway, for when I get my WC unit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2011 10:51 pm
vincedea
(@vincedea)
Trusted

@Jester 68149 wrote:

Silverstone Fortress FT02.

Ahh jester finally is here lol. this case is wayyy tooooo expensive for me sigh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2011 12:13 am
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

If that is too costly, look into the Lian-Li PC-A70F. It might be possible to find a good deal on the superior PC-B70 which adds a few more cable management features, 2.5" drive support, 100% tool free 5.25" bay design, removable motherboard tray and VGA support bracket.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2011 9:19 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

Looks good, I've read some performance reviews of such case, the temps were 5-10°C cooler then a regular (front to back cooler) case

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2011 12:55 pm
massdeth
(@massdeth)
Renound

i had a Antec 900 also for awhile, and while it did its job and was a decent case i wanted a case that i could buy and keep through many builds, that was high quality, well supported with aftermarket parts etc... and i wanted something elegant,like you want, and not like the HAF types, with the plastic armor and too over- the- top. i wanted something that didnt have too much already done to it so i could do my own mods anyway i wanted to. so i ended up with a lian li. the one i have retailed for 317.00 before they discontinued it for the newer model, but heres a review of it i did, and theres a pict of it sitting next to my Antec 900, which shows you just how much bigger it is!!

http://www.gnd-tech.com/threads/477-Lian-Li-PC-V2010-B-Case-Review....?r=477-Lian-Li-PC-V2010-B-Case-Review ....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2011 7:43 pm
vincedea
(@vincedea)
Trusted

@massdeth 68802 wrote:

i had a Antec 900 also for awhile, and while it did its job and was a decent case i wanted a case that i could buy and keep through many builds, that was high quality, well supported with aftermarket parts etc... and i wanted something elegant,like you want, and not like the HAF types, with the plastic armor and too over- the- top. i wanted something that didnt have too much already done to it so i could do my own mods anyway i wanted to. so i ended up with a lian li. the one i have retailed for 317.00 before they discontinued it for the newer model, but heres a review of it i did, and theres a pict of it sitting next to my Antec 900, which shows you just how much bigger it is!!

http://www.gnd-tech.com/threads/477-Lian-Li-PC-V2010-B-Case-Review....?r=477-Lian-Li-PC-V2010-B-Case-Review ....

ooo dang how is the air flow? i think i may just gow ith that case or the newer version. and do those same mods

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/04/2011 6:59 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

The PC-V2010 has pretty bad airflow by default. It's a massive case and it only comes with a 140mm front intake fan and 120mm rear exhaust fan. No fresh air is directed over the GPU or CPU which is why massdeth added a side fan port. The PC-V2120 on the other hand features numerous improvements over the PC-V2010. It adds a CPU retention plate cut-out which is a great feature, it has much better cable management and airflow is significantly improved.

The PC-V2120 has two 140mm and one 120mm front intake fans, a 120mm intake fan on the back of the main HDD cage directly cooling the CPU and a typical 120mm rear exhaust fan. On top of this it has water cooling support out of the box (something the PC-V2010 lacks) - the PC-V2120 allows for a 360mm radiator on top as well as a 280mm radiator on the front. Oh yeah, you can get it with a black interior as well. Not to mention the PC-V2120 supports almost any motherboard form factor as well as 2.5" drives... it's one of the very best cases you can get right now.

The PC-V2010s only advantage is that it supports dual PSUs. If you want to go big and save up for an expensive case, get the PC-V2120 (no mods necessary) or better yet, the Silverstone TJ11. The latter has even better airflow (two high end 180mm fans directly cool GPUs and CPU, vertical wind tunnel allows for fastest possible heat dissipation) as well as a larger CPU retention plate hole, it also has great cable management/2.5" drive support/USB 3.0 support but it is even more costly. Water cooling support is even better by default.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/04/2011 8:59 pm
vincedea
(@vincedea)
Trusted

@Jester 69006 wrote:

The PC-V2010 has pretty bad airflow by default. It's a massive case and it only comes with a 140mm front intake fan and 120mm rear exhaust fan. No fresh air is directed over the GPU or CPU which is why massdeth added a side fan port. The PC-V2120 on the other hand features numerous improvements over the PC-V2010. It adds a CPU retention plate cut-out which is a great feature, it has much better cable management and airflow is significantly improved.

The PC-V2120 has two 140mm and one 120mm front intake fans, a 120mm intake fan on the back of the main HDD cage directly cooling the CPU and a typical 120mm rear exhaust fan. On top of this it has water cooling support out of the box (something the PC-V2010 lacks) - the PC-V2120 allows for a 360mm radiator on top as well as a 280mm radiator on the front. Oh yeah, you can get it with a black interior as well. Not to mention the PC-V2120 supports almost any motherboard form factor as well as 2.5" drives... it's one of the very best cases you can get right now.

The PC-V2010s only advantage is that it supports dual PSUs. If you want to go big and save up for an expensive case, get the PC-V2120 (no mods necessary) or better yet, the Silverstone TJ11. The latter has even better airflow (two high end 180mm fans directly cool GPUs and CPU, vertical wind tunnel allows for fastest possible heat dissipation) as well as a larger CPU retention plate hole, it also has great cable management/2.5" drive support/USB 3.0 support but it is even more costly. Water cooling support is even better by default.

HOLY SHIT HELLA EXPENSIVE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2011 12:37 am
Page 2 / 3
Share:

Please Login or Register