strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

This case looks absolutely amazing... 😯

Posted : 01/06/2010 10:19 am
iGeForce
(@igeforce)
Guru

Very nice! I would go with the red one 🙂 It does surprise me that it's only 900W, I would have expected 1000 or maybe more for this case :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2010 11:10 am
Jonsp
(@jonsp)
Pirate

Cool. Any prices anywhere or have they not released them due to fear of causing mass heart attacks?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2010 11:45 am
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

PROS:

• Airflow
  • Easily removable dust filters for the front of the case
  • 12 drive bays
  • CPU retention hole
  • Supports 2x 240 rads

CONS

• It's still a tiny case just like the Antec 1200. Cable management will be difficult with long video cards.
  • Still no PSU ventilation.
  • Drive bay design is not totally tool free.

It's an updated Antec 1200 pretty much. Antec is still years behind the competition. Cooler Master introduced these features and much more years ago with the HAF 932. They have come a long way since then. This case gets two thumbs down and is a joke compared to the HAF-X.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2010 12:40 pm
Darken1
(@darken1)
Jedi

Very nice case:)
I will check the the HAF-X never seen it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2010 1:56 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

It's on the front page.

http://www.gnd-tech.com/main/content.php/222-Cooler-Master-HAF-X-Announced

Antec really needs to step it up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2010 2:07 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Yeah, after looking it over, it does seem like a nice case. However, the HAF-X seems to me far ahead in almost every way. Especially cable management.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2010 10:00 am
Darken1
(@darken1)
Jedi

I prefer the looks on the antec and some of the feautures, especially the way the front fans come out and the way the filter is removed.

But the HAF-X is clearly a better designed case with many needed features.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2010 11:23 am
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Icejon, a Cooler Master marketing employee (or director, I'm not sure) did a comparison between the HAF-X and the Antec DF-85. Read about it here. I think Antec made a huge mistake with the price of this case considering the fact that the HAF-X blows the DF-85 out of the water. Even at $130 the DF-85 would be a bad deal since you can pick up a CM Storm Sniper for that price, which is yet another case that walks all over the DF-85.

Antec needs to get their heads out of their asses, at least with their cases. At least they're a top dog in the PSU category.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/06/2010 5:07 pm
WASD
 WASD
(@wasd)
Pirate

That's more than enough airflow for what i will be running. I like the look of it better than the haf-x personally. To each his own I guess.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2010 1:25 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

The looks aren't what I criticize.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2010 1:28 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

I prefer the look of the HAF. I wonder if there is a way to get it without the side window. I've kinda grown to not having one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2010 1:30 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

I seriously doubt they'll offer a version with no side panel window. Either you'll have to deal with it or you'll have to get something else. Or you can get it, take the dimensions and make your own side panel which can give you the advantage of more fan mounts. Be aware that some HAF-X adopters have received scratched windows, but Cooler Master customer service is great. They replace it and I'm not even sure if you have to pay shipping or not.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2010 1:32 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

It's not the scratches, I just like the look that a windowless system has. It looks more "mysterious" if you get what I'm saying. 🙂

With my TT armor, I just purchased a rear side panel and threw that on the right side and everything aligned up perfectly. I know I was super lucky and I doubt it's the case with the HAF-X.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2010 1:40 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

I doubt it too, you can always ask on their forums and you'll get an answer. I agree that a side panel with no window looks cool on some cases, mainly those from Lian-Li, the Corsair Obsidian 700D and several AS Enclosures. Silverstone can pull it off too, but I like their cases better with windows.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2010 1:42 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: