Notifications
Clear all

BFBC2 On Linux?

Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

Hey guys,

I'm currently running BFBC2 on Windows 7, but I'm switching to Ubuntu 10.10 due to school reason (I don't want to run DualBoot).
Is there a way I can run BFBC2 on Linux?

Thanks.

Topic starter Posted : 12/11/2010 8:13 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Unlikely. Mostly because Direct X and linux don't get along well. I'd imagine getting it to work would require lots of hacking and modding. And even if you got to that point it would be buggy. 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2010 9:06 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

Agreed with strud. How come you don't want to dual boot?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2010 10:11 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

Have had major problems using that earlier. 2 drives crashed at the same period as when I had started to dualboot, I'm kinda 'afraid' to lose another drive.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/11/2010 10:59 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

What about running linux in a VM? That way you can actually run both at the same time. 🙂 that's what I use and it's very easy to setup.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2010 11:28 am
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)
Assended

@Spaiker 46569 wrote:

Have had major problems using that earlier. 2 drives crashed at the same period as when I had started to dualboot, I'm kinda 'afraid' to lose another drive.

I don't think you did it right...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2010 11:31 am
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

I don't blame him I hate dual booting with linux as well. Mostly because if you ever decide to remove the linux partition, good luck removing the GRUB bootloader. So even if you have only one OS to boot from, it will still prompt you to which OS you want to boot. =/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2010 11:56 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

I have it installed on 2 seperate HDD's now, so if I want to use Ubuntu I need to manually boot from my other harddrive..
But I'm looking for a way to use only Linux (or something alike) on my gaming machine.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/11/2010 3:26 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Just wondering...Why would you need to use Ubunto for school reasons??
Windows 7 is far easier to use.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2010 3:46 pm
the_man550
(@the_man550)
Renound

@Enad 46621 wrote:

Just wondering...Why would you need to use Ubunto for school reasons??
Windows 7 is far easier to use.

I will have to disagree there. Linux is far more convenient to do any kind of school work with, in my opinion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2010 5:13 pm
Kew
 Kew
(@kew)
Renound

@the_man550 46630 wrote:

I will have to disagree there. Linux is far more convenient to do any kind of school work with, in my opinion.

My brother recently switched to it for his college work, it's better for coding with or something?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2010 5:21 am
the_man550
(@the_man550)
Renound

@Kew 46679 wrote:

My brother recently switched to it for his college work, it's better for coding with or something?

Yep, in general coders definitely says so. Don't know too much about it but my friends who do coding say it's far better.

I however was more talking of general schoolwork as well. When I write essays etc I prefer it. The version I use, Linux Mint, handles multiple desktops very well and it is overall much more easy to handle many open windows at once, compared to windows X. Another important factor is that it is very lightweight and launch very quickly, which is important since the general school laptop isn't too powerful. There are far more things I like but those are the arguments that sprang to mind first.
Oh, and there aren't as many games on Linux that you have to resist lol 😉

The mobile version looks really nice admins!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2010 10:52 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

I truly hope the will make sure Brink works on Linux, which of the Os'es that use the Linux Kernel is, generaly taken the best for gaming?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/11/2010 12:18 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

I'm not sure... I've never used it before... =/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2010 2:04 pm
Share: