Notifications
Clear all

Origin Powered?  

RSS
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

BF3 might require you to origin installed all times. Due it the social networking aspect. It is already confirmed that it will be Origin exclusive. Sorry steam fans. We will find out in October in the final product.

Posted : 26/07/2011 11:40 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

This makes me 😡

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 12:19 am
ana3mic
(@ana3mic)
Renound

That wasn't quite unexpected :chill:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 2:57 am
Hypeer
(@hypeer)
Renound

http://www.ea.com/news/demar-at-ea-we-believe-in-choice

BF3 won't be on Steam, but that is said to be more because of Valve, not EA. Steam fans can still just add BF3.exe to Steam and this way have the Steam in-game overlay in it.

I don't like the idea of having Origin running all the time on the background when playing BF3 though. Especially because my PC will need every available piece of memory to run BF3 with acceptable FPS xD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 3:52 am
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Yeah it's bullshit, I don't want some crap program onto of Steam. EA spouted all this bullshit about their fight with CoD yet they won't put it on Steam, how dumb can they get?

If the game doesn't come to Steam I probably will end up not getting it, I'll be more than happy with Red Orchestra 2, which will destroy BF3.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 5:37 am
Boombear
(@boombear)
Ninja

@Hypeer 80732 wrote:

http://www.ea.com/news/demar-at-ea-we-believe-in-choice

BF3 won't be on Steam, but that is said to be more because of Valve, not EA.

No, that was Crysis 2. And if you look at what happened it seems to me that EA intentionally used the contract to their advantage so it didn't look like they were pulling Crysis 2 off of Steam. I don't know how the sale figures look, but I'll bet that of any digital distribution company Steam sold the most copies. Also, they could have done something like with Mass Effect where you get the DLC through their website and you can buy a key through Steam. I don't buy it. I'm with Enad on this, I'm probably not even going to bet BF3. EA has ruined so many games lately, and it just makes me sick. I'm not even excited about BF3 anymore, just RO2.

EDIT: hadn't read the new article. Again, that seems to me something that is easily rectifiable. How about CoD? That works fine on Steam (yes, it is a Steamworks game but the issue according to EA is the patching). Or what if they released the patches for download on their website so if you needed to patch it you can download it directly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 7:21 am
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

@Enad 80736 wrote:

Yeah it's bullshit, I don't want some crap program onto of Steam. EA spouted all this bullshit about their fight with CoD yet they won't put it on Steam, how dumb can they get?

If the game doesn't come to Steam I probably will end up not getting it, I'll be more than happy with Red Orchestra 2, which will destroy BF3.

It been confirmed it won't come to steam. Details are still sketchy if Origin needs to be running all times. If it true. I'll fucking rage. I don't want a bunch of damn programs running in the background or have to install when I reformat.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 9:24 am
SJentZ
(@sjentz)
Ninja

I think you only need it for updating. At least that's the case for c2 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 10:00 am
Blazen22
(@blazen22)
Leveling Up

@strudinox 80711 wrote:

This makes me 😡

+1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 12:49 pm
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

@SJentZ 80755 wrote:

I think you only need it for updating. At least that's the case for c2 😛

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/07/20/battleblog-3-with-an-army-by-your-side.aspx

battlelog, allows you to connect with friends and join there game with a click on of button.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 12:54 pm
Boombear
(@boombear)
Ninja

Oh wow, you can add people to your friends list and then join them. That's so unique and new! It's not like Steam has done it before :eyeroll:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 1:27 pm
Hypeer
(@hypeer)
Renound

@BabyBalla 80785 wrote:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/07/20/battleblog-3-with-an-army-by-your-side.aspx

battlelog, allows you to connect with friends and join there game with a click on of button.

@Boombear 80790 wrote:

Oh wow, you can add people to your friends list and then join them. That's so unique and new! It's not like Steam has done it before :eyeroll:

You didn't hear this from me, but Battleblog is used in your internet browser, not in Origin. And you launch the game and join a server via the browser too, kinda like in BF Heroes. At least in the Alpha.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 2:25 pm
Boombear
(@boombear)
Ninja

You can with Steam, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 2:27 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Let's all just agree EA are a bunch of fucking idiots?

The more EA talks about BF3 and Origin, the less I want it. Gonna stick with RO2.

But, I hope by next March when ME3 comes out, they realize Origin is a failure and put ME3 on Steam, It'd be annoying having both of the earlier games on Steam, then have to buy the next one on a separate program, plus I don't want my games all over, I want them all in one spot, in my Steam folder.

But on that note of the DLC crap, that can't be it because so many other EA games have separate stores for their DLC, ME1 and 2 both have the DLC on separate sites, but they haven't been removed. It's just some good old EA bullshit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2011 4:55 pm
Share: