Notifications
Clear all

Article: Scythe Mine 2 Cooler Announced

Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

You can view the page at http://www.gnd-tech.com/main/content/494-Scythe-Mine-2-Cooler-Announced

Topic starter Posted : 09/12/2010 3:47 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

@ wrote:

that looks awesome! Wonder how it compares vs the Noctua NH-D14 since it's king right now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2010 4:09 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Actually the Thermalright Silver Arrow is the king, even with its stock fans which is surprising due to its dense fin configuration paired with quiet fans (only 1.9 mmH20 for each fan). The Silver Arrow also excepts a 38mm thick fan in the center.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/12/2010 4:25 pm
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

@ wrote:

NH-D14 with stock fans and the silver arrow with stock fans it beats it. Which makes it king 😀

But if its were aftermarket fans then silver arrow wins!:!:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2010 1:25 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

@ wrote:

That looks to me like a regular Scythe Mugen 2 revB with the fan in the center..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2010 3:13 am
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

@Spaiker 50881 wrote:

That looks to me like a regular Scythe Mugen 2 revB with the fan in the center..

And 3 more heat pipes.

@tWkR 50875 wrote:

NH-D14 with stock fans and the silver arrow with stock fans it beats it. Which makes it king 😀

But if its were aftermarket fans then silver arrow wins!:!:

http://www.techxpert.lt/reviews/738-thermalright-silver-arrow-procesoriaus-ausintuvo-apzvalga.html

Although was it you who showed me the test where the NH-D14 won with a bigger OC? That would occur since the stock Silver Arrow fans would have trouble removing the heat through the dense fin configuration of the Silver Arrow, even though its stock fans outperform the NF-P14 fans. So you're right too. If you want a silent PC, Noctua heat sinks are the way to go. Or Scythe. The fin configuration on the Mine 2 is similar to those used on Noctua coolers.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/12/2010 8:46 am
Share: