AMD Ryzen CPU discussion.
It seems that after years of being competitive only in the low end or in VERY niche tasks, AMD is finally back to being competitive.
Here are my personal prediction:
- Perf/Watt almost on par with Kaby Lake.
- Between Intel's Haswell and Ivy Bridge in terms of IPC.
- Superior Hyperthreading (due to new core structure, no more Penryn) to Intel.
- Almost two times lesser AVX performance (though ALL Ryzen parts can do it, unlike with Intel).
- Can be OCed to 4.3GHz, 4.5 with water on the quad and 6 cores and top end 1800X 8 core Black Edition.
- Cheaper to make overall, I expect great performance per dollar.
- Would make all CPUs except the Pentium G4560(this thing is Grade A badass), 7700K/6700K and perhaps 7600K obsolete. All else would be unable to compete even with a decent price cut.
- Inferior node to Intel.
- All AMD Ryzen CPUs can be OCed. Limit is cooling, the actual chip and motherboard.