Assended

Big ass

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2010 9:35 am
Spaiker
(@spaiker)
Ninja

Nice, but how does it feel to lose 4 slots to 1 card :thinkK
Also, how is that CPU cooler pointed? towards the back 'sucking' air thrue the sink, or blowing to the front?
Nice setup though :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2010 10:08 am
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

blowing air out the back

meh i won't be sli'ing and its more then 4 slots πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/12/2010 10:10 am
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Awesome. I won't be going SLI either which is why I chose the same heat sink. Best GPU cooler available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2010 12:15 pm
Enad
 Enad
(@enad)
Member Moderator

Muahahaha, 580 is so cool as it is, I don't even think I'll bee needing to get a Shaman.
If I ever did a BIOS mod to OC alot more, I would consider it but otherwise, I think it looks pretty ugly compared to the normal sleek look of a GPU.
Wouldnt have room for mah 210 either. :/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2010 1:07 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Ummm, do you use a floppy drive tWkR? I couldn't help but notice the EVGA ribbon cable coming from the motherboard...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2010 1:11 pm
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

the leet guys use this
http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=E000-00-000084&family=Accessories%20-%20Hardware&sw=4 πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/12/2010 2:36 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

Ah ok. Just making sure. πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2010 2:41 pm
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

@Enad 51961 wrote:

Muahahaha, 580 is so cool as it is, I don't even think I'll bee needing to get a Shaman.
If I ever did a BIOS mod to OC alot more, I would consider it but otherwise, I think it looks pretty ugly compared to the normal sleek look of a GPU.
Wouldnt have room for mah 210 either. :/

I'm sure you stare at your computer more then your monitor.... besides i'm making my computer silent soon. I'm going to be swappping out every fan for a quieter one. Yeah i'm going to have less CFM but i'm going for quietness now with great cooling. That means my PSU fans are going to be swapped out too πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/12/2010 2:55 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

@tWkR 51983 wrote:

I'm sure you stare at your computer more then your monitor.... besides i'm making my computer silent soon. I'm going to be swappping out every fan for a quieter one. Yeah i'm going to have less CFM but i'm going for quietness now with great cooling. That means my PSU fans are going to be swapped out too πŸ˜€

Bye bye PSU warranty. You can get better CFM in your case too if you choose the right fans... the stock HAF 932 fans are low RPM and quiet already. If you go for some similar or lower RPM fans with better bearings (Noctua NF-P12 recommended) you'd get less noise and better airflow.

My Shaman setup will have roughly the same noise as the stock GTX 480 cooler at 100%. Just a tiny bit more. I can't wait to see the temp drop.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2010 4:17 pm
strudinox
(@strudinox)
BOT Admin

To keep your PSU warranty, remove the stickers around the corners without tearing them. Blow dryer and razor blade. πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2010 4:52 pm
Jester
(@jester)
Member Moderator

Yeah and his PSU uses an 80mm fan so I'm sure it will be worth the fan change. This is probably the best option. Good thing the Shaman comes with an excellent low-noise fan.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2010 4:57 pm
BabyBalla
(@babyballa)
Guru

oh well the psu is dying anyways
warranty:laugh: Upgrade is needed i'm close to maxing it out too... πŸ™

Noctua NF-P12 is the one i'm replacing all my fans with lol $100 in fans

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/12/2010 2:10 am
Share: